Wednesday 1 June 2011

Just a few vacation photos...

Well, I didn't end up wearing anything fabulous in China (due to my brother being such a grouch!  seriously...) but here are a few pictures that I think are kind of worth posting - some are to show you a single item I'm wearing, some are for sheer cuteness, and some are for humour!

My little niece, Rachel, watching the pandas at the zoo (and the man there is my brother).  I adore her baby hat with the big polka-dotted pink bow.  My friend says this photo reminds him of the Mirror of Erised in the first Harry Potter book.  I see his point.

My brother, my niece, and I at the zoo.  I love my own polka dot dress and my boater hat, both of which I purchased for practically nothing in Beijing.  I don't love how whoever took the photo AMPUTATED OUR FEET.  This is my pet peeve in all photographs, as it is just so unflattering to legs, generally makes a photo look worse, and ruins an outfit by not showing the shoes.

Too bad about the photo quality (indoor, no flash) but this is a fashionable toddler, I tell you!  She's already demonstrated an interest in my shoe collection.

I have terrible eyesight and wear glasses or contacts all the time - here we had just gotten off the plane and I was wearing the glasses for easy napping.  It's hard to see here, but I adore the cropped black pants I'm wearing.  Too bad about the foot amputation again.

My sister-in-law, Fiona.  My hair is doing its humidity-curling thing again, shame.  This pink top did not make it back to Canada - actually, I brought a whole bunch of clothes that were worn out already and I did not bring them home.

Feel free to laugh at my expense!  These surgical masks are used by many people in China for various reasons - in this case, I was wearing one because it was a windy day and there was sand blowing around.  For extra fashion points, I borrowed my sister-in-law's mother's jacket (it was chillier than it looks) and my horrible 4-years-old jeans from high school.  Don't worry, they didn't come home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment