Monday 30 May 2011

Not so buttoned up

Something I have heard about myself, personality-wise, is that I'm "buttoned-up" and I have actually never seen it as something bad.  That said, I decided to translate the phrase into clothing and unbutton a bit.

I stopped liking the spaghetti-strap tank top a couple of years ago, and now it reminds me too much of my 16-year-old self.  My collection of them now serves usually to wear under low-cut tops to make them more modest.  Hence, the unbuttoned button-down top instead of a cardigan.  It's 32 degrees!  And my hair is doing that humidity thing where it curls and my bangs look horrible.  Yay!




 I'm counting this as a shoe challenge: these flat canvas Mary Janes cost $9 at Urban Outfitters and are ridiculously comfortable in addition to being adorable.  They are quickly becoming my easiest-wearing shoes of the summer!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Molly, I know exactly what you mean by buttoned up!

    I really love the way you've got the shirt belted over that adorable floral skirt, it is so feminine but the belt gives it some great structure.

    Nice to have you back by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete