Saturday 21 May 2011

I'm back!

Back from China!  I said I would try to post while I was gone, but I didn't realize that you can't access any Google blogs there (same thing with facebook, causing me to depend upon my hotmail account a lot more than normal).  Communism ftw, eh?  But my outfits were generally thoroughly uninspired anyway, including me spending a lot of time in my brother's huge sweater, so no loss to the fashion blogging community!  Since I got home on Tuesday, the weather has been pretty obliging and I've been wearing some of my favourite dresses, but unfortunately my camera also broke while I was there and so I've resorted to the Macbook Photobooth for these.  Actually it's my sister's computer, mine is at the Apple Store for repairs.  Trust technology to let you down all at once.  But fortunately they are doing all the repairs for free, and the camera was pretty old and cheap anyway.  Still I'm broke at the moment...

Anyway without further ado:

I'm pretty delighted with how this outfit turned out.  It started with the skirt, the only below-the-knee length skirt I own.  I was forced to wear it (first time ever) because this morning I attended a traditional Roman Catholic Mass, in Latin with the priest facing away from the congregation and where women cover their hair with a veil and must cover from knees to collarbones.  I got away with the collarbones by keeping on my coat, it looked really dowdy and frumpy but flattering apparel is not really the point there.  I was also wearing frumpier shoes.  These kitten heel flip flops are Shoe Challenge #14 and I'm glad to save them now while I have my still pedicure from China :)
 I raided my Mom's closet for this top.  I was actually looking for hangers when this jumped out at me.  Sorry Mom, I have fallen in love!  And the flower belt is from China, another of my new loves.
Hot pink lipstick is something I used to wear when I was 15 and I got a bit of criticism for it, usually from boys my age, but I didn't listen to them.  I've never gotten a positive male response for lipstick of any colour, but who says style is for the enjoyment of men?  I'm delighted that bright lipstick is currently in style!  :D
I know I'm now rambling about this outfit but I'm just THAT EXCITED!!  My absolute favourite thing is the hair, another trick I learned in China.  It actually takes no more than three minutes, two elastics, and two or three bobby pins!  Yay!

Anyway, the bottom line (literally, this actually IS the bottom line!) is that I am now absolutely thrilled with an outfit built around what I previously considered the frumpiest skirt in my closet!  :D :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment