Monday 25 April 2011

Easter Weekend, and kicking off the sunblock season!

I know I haven't been posting here regularly!  I've just finished my exams and then was very busy with Easter.  Between Good Friday and today, I've spent about 6 hours in Church.  I am a firm Roman Catholic, and I do like Mass and find it inspiring and comforting in a lot of ways, but I must say after this weekend I'm all churched out.

So I guess it's sort of good (I feel bad for saying this) that on Tuesday I'll be heading to China, where there are just no Catholic churches and attendance is not an option.  Why am I going there?  My brother lives there with his wife and their beee-eautiful baby girl, Rachel.  I'm so excited to see them all!  I'll try to keep up my posting while I'm there, but I'm afraid my outfits won't normally be very much fun, my brother disapproves of "flashy" dressing and since I don't get to see him all the time I try to avoid fights.

Anyway, the point of this is to show my Easter outfits!  The first one here is from last night's Easter Vigil Mass, and I also wore it to cast my ballot for the Canadian election:




 This dress is Isaac Mizrahi for Target, so already a bargain, but I went two better and found it in a thift shop, AND on 50% off day.  So it was about $5.  Win!  Also: it's the start of sunblock season!  I use a moisturizer with sunblock year-round, but in the summer I go a little crazy.  Tanning is not only unhealthy, but for me it's just plain impossible.  I burn like crazy!  Good thing I've learned to embrace my paleness.

And on Easter Sunday itself, I thought I'd go a bit brighter and busted out the first of my sundresses.  Needed a cardigan for Mass, of course, but I'm so excited that it's finally warm enough to even consider getting out the thin cotton things.


 Maybe the outfit could have used a belt...I'm not sure what colour though.  Black or brown might be too harsh against the girly floral.




Shoeper Shoe Challenge #13!  I've actually worn these before, also to Sunday Mass, but this is the first time they lasted the whole day as part of the outfit.  Somehow I never wear these anywhere except Church, maybe it's because they're so ladylike?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, beautiful dresses, beautiful shoes, sunshine and lippie. What more could a girl ask for!

    If you find a lavender/purple belt it will look AMAZING with that gorgeous summer dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and you're right! The hunt will begin for the perfect shade!

    ReplyDelete