Friday 25 February 2011

Molly's Wheelbarrow

Hi!  I'm Molly Malone.  I'm a student of history, political science, and French.  I'm living in my parents' home near Toronto while I finish my undergraduate degree.  And as of now: Molly Malone, fashion blogger.  I'll keep this post short because truthfully, I don't really know how to write a blog yet.  I'm just learning so please be patient with me.  I apologize for these horrible photos: I'm expecting to improve my photography abilities, and maybe even get a better camera after a while!  Maybe next time I'll plan not to have the messy kitchen as the background, not to take the picture in the middle of the night with entirely artificial lighting, and not to balance the camera on the table with the timer and desperately try to position myself before the flash goes off.  Just look how off-centre I am!  Oh well, I guess my elbow wasn't a crucial part of the photo!

Today I went for dinner (Vietnamese food: cheap and delicious, perfect for a job-less student budget!) with two of my friends, John and Patrick.  I was a bit inspired by College Fashion's "Sleeping-Beauty Inspiration."

http://www.collegefashion.net/inspiration/fashion-inspiration-walt-disneys-sleeping-beauty/



I really like CF's "Inspiration" posts because they make me think about possible colour combinations!  Today it was baby blue and pink.  Normally I would think hot pink and baby blue is far too girly a combination for an oh-so-mature 20 year old like me!  But today I just loved the brightness and the cotton candy idea so I thought I'd go for it.  The taupe tights seemed to add a little gravity, but overall I kind of let the, ahem, youthful vibe take over.  I took a couple of pictures with my friends, since they both happened to be wearing bright blue shirts that just went so well with my outfit - it was kind of meant to be!  I'll post them when I get them.

I'm participating in Shoeperwoman's Shoe Challenge.  I'll also post a link to that later when I figure out how things work!  That means I have to wear every pair of shoes and boots I own at least once between now and next Valentine's Day.  These baby blue Hush Puppies kitten heels are actually the second, but the first pair were photographed on film that hasn't been developed yet.  I will be sure to post those soon too.  So two down, 32 pairs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment